The D-Light is a super-strong and exceptionally light butted spoke for a variety of purposes, especially mountain bikes with disc brakes. Sapim butted spokes have two major benefits: they are lighter and stronger than plain gauge spokes! Technological advances using cold forging (SAPIM Forging Technology) ‘stretch’ the spoke, retaining the linear molecular structure of the material and thereby increasing the spoke strength at the middle section by at least 48%.
The 2mm end sections of the D-Light are extra short to save more weight without compromising strength. On the threaded end the 2mm diameter section starts just with the thread. The 1,65mm middle section offers a great compromise between the strength of a heavier and the light weight of an even thinner spoke.
- Colour: Silver
- 14 gauge
- D-Light Spokes 2.0mm – 1.65mm – 2.0mm
- Material: spoke: stainless steel, nipple: brass
- Weight: approx. 309 gram (64 pieces, 260mm)
- Strength on middle section: 1300 N/mm2
- Supplied with Silver 12mm Brass Nipples